"More Than Half A Million U.S. Teens Have Had Eating Disorders, Study Finds "
This useless article is both alarming and a waste of time. We are frightened, and drawn in at the thought of a half million U.S. teens, starving themselves, and leaning over the toilet, vomiting up their dinners. Alas, the article indicates that "Binge eating disorder was the most common". To no one's surprise, the article serves only to remind us that Americans are nothing more than fat slobs, who stuff our faces to such severity that our eating habits warrant a medical diagnosis.
You want to know something frightening AND important??? Here are just a few facts that deserve alarming titles and won't be a complete waste of your time:
- More than 1 million cases of skin cancer are diagnosed in the United States every year
- There are more than 1 million people living with HIV in the United States
- Every year in the U.S. there are approximately a quarter of a million (250,000) victims of sexual assault.
- In 2009, 15.5 million U.S. children under the age of 18 were living in poverty
- Approximately 2.2 million American adults age 18 and older suffer from OCD
- According to the American Social Health Association, approximately 5.5 million new cases of sexually transmitted HPV infections are reported every year
- In 2009, 4,340 U.S. workers were killed on the job (an average of 12 workers a day)
- 56% of dogs and 71% of cats that enter animal shelters are euthanized
- 60 million Americans, 20 years and older are obese (Eight out of 10 U.S. adults over 25 are overweight)
Just a few valuable facts... Huffington Post, thanks for your useless article educating us about how fat Americans continue to remain fat.